Reworking pretty video things.
GETTING SOOOO CLOSE.
1. Intro sample almost figured out. We have everything tracked, we just have to figure out which take to use and how to blend our voices together. There’s a really cool ‘Fun.” style bridge that I’m mega stoked on. I’ve learned that group “ahs” work really well when you cannot think of a harmony. Thank you “The Swellers” for teaching us that.
2. We have roughly 52 hours to finish writing the lyrics to this song. This was the second song we finished recording instrumentally about two and a half months ago. I have an idea, but Zach has to tweak it. This will be the first chorus that one of us sings that the other person wrote.
3. This track turned out about 1000% better than what we expected. I remember when I woke up in the middle of the night, called Matt and said “I’ve got our next single”. Zach slaughtered the chorus, and it is probably my favorite track at the moment. I have high hopes for this one. The adlibs are what makes it though. I’m very excited to show you.
4. I have a chorus and half a verse 2 that I just sent to Zach tonight. We have to record everything on it still. Matt’s not a piano player, so we couldn’t really pre-pro effectively. I have until 5PM Monday to write the music to this song. The ‘demo’ chorus goes
'What if I can't break, what if I can't break through.
I’ll never find, someone like you.
And if you leave here with one thing
Then it better be the truth,
There is not a replacement for you, replacement for you.”
Something like that, minus the filler parts.
5. Agree to disagree. I’m still getting used to all of the changes. There are a couple parts that took me by surprise. There are some super, uber, ultra boy band parts in the bridge. I miss the demo chorus, but six months from now, I’m going to thank Matt for telling me to shut up and sit there.
6. Following the current fad, Matt and I generated an 80’s rock song with pop drums and (hopefully) the first time I can really play a cool guitar solo on a recording.
7. Nobody knows how we feel about this one, nor how it is going to turn out. More news at eleven.
8. This was the first song we recorded, but our guest vocalist spot fell through, so Zach has to write Verse 2 by Monday and it’s good to go. Super. Super. Boy Bandy.
9. This is like the sad, heavy version of Reattach, except with more adult themes and deer.
10. The only song in the “DONE” folder.
Storage Stories (2012)
Untitled Secret Project (Late 2014?)
It’s that time of the month where we hit some crazy cross roads and life changing decisions.
Before that, let’s recap.
I. Live Music
If you haven’t heard of them yet, (at some point) Echosmith will be a (really, really) big deal. They’re a family band, managed by their father, with a merch-mother and an uncle that runs sound. They put on a really interesting live show and the kids are genuinely happy to play music. Their father is a producer for some larger artists and used the in to write his kids’ music. I dig them tho. Check them out.
Dude man from The Downtown Fiction blew out his voice and couldn’t sing for a couple years. I think they took too long of a break. There weren’t enough kids at their show. Their frontman’s crazy tho.
Tonight Alive is completely underrated. Besides the fact that Jenna can sing, they have an amazing drummer and lead guitarist. I hope great things for that band.
II. For The Foxes.
My first words to their frontman were “what kind of Asian are you?” I love those guys. Nick and I stayed up wayyyy too late talking about how lame the industry is getting. I taught their lighting tech how to use nunchucks and do laundry. Their new demos are solid and you are all in for a treat. Go check them out. Now.
III. New Music
Our video was up for all of 20 hours. I screwed up and used the wrong songfile, so our videographer has graciously volunteered to redo it. I have a 720p version that Nick saved for me today, but I’m hoping to get a 1080i tomorrow.
So far… the album goes…
1. Dear Friends Pt. II
2. Country Song
3. The Summer Song
5. Hip Hop Song Pt I
6. Boy Band Song
8. Club Song
9. Hip Hop Song Pt II
Zach’s going to record vocals on songs 2/3/8 tomorrow and I’m going to start tracks 1/9. This record is turning out wayyyy cool.
PS Oh yeah. Big changes happening soon.
Stars are slowly starting to aline….
Star 1: Stewart was able to shoot the music video for our new single.
Star 2: Matt and Pete let us use the studio to shoot it.
Star 3: Matt sound engineered the video shoot.
Star 4: Guitar Center let us borrow all the gear we needed for the shoot.
Star 5: We got the single mastered in time to release on schedule.
Star 6: The photographer we’ve been trying to work with just happens to be in town this week and are shooting with her Wednesday.
Star 7: I randomly booked a show in my hometown on Saturday expecting to play it solo and acoustic. We pulled the set out of our butts tonight and we still have a few more practices left. I think we’re actually ready to play shows again. With. New. Songs.
Stars Left To Align:
Star 8: We need our logo from Chris Moore ASAP.
Star 9: Stewart needs time to finish editing the video.
Star 10:: It needs to not rain long enough to get the gear to the show Saturday.
Count your lucky stars. Every single one of them.